Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Shot of the Day: Revlon Zealous with Retro Dots

Zealous looks like a questionable color in the bottle, but I love the way it looks with two coats.  It's bright, summery, and cheerful!  The application is a bit thin at first , but I got pretty full coverage after 2 coats.  The color wavers between a yellow-green combo with gold shimmery undertones. I applied two coats of the Zealous over a coat of Orly Bonder.

Next I used my dotting tools to add a layer of gray dots (NYC Sidewalkers), over top of which I applied smaller white dots (Sally Hansen Hard to Get). Finally, I went back to the gray polish for the small dot overlay.  I topped it all off with a layer of Seche Vite.


I'm really loving this manicure. I call it my 70s Soda Pop Mani.  For affordable drugstore polishes, these are great choices.  And I'm also really impressed with how easy these dotting tools are to use!  I'm surprised by how fast I've gotten the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment