Monday, May 6, 2013

Shot of the Day: Cinco de Mayo Nails and Margaritas!

I hope you all had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!  Here in Tennessee, it was rainy and cold, but that didn't stop me from bringing the fiesta to my mani!






For this look, I used Essie's Blanc over a base coat of OPI Nail Envy.  I have to say, once again I am disappointed with an Essie polish.  Less than 24 hours later I had some major chips, even with a Seche Vite top coat.  For the dots and stamping I used the red from my Forever 21 Red Carpet Kit and NYC's High Line Green.





Here's an upside down shot so you can see the stamp better.  This stamp is from Gals plate GA9. I didn't have time to do any of the complicated Aztec designs, so I just decided to go with Mexico's national colors and some "Margarita" glasses.  They might actually be martini glasses but let's use our imaginations.


And look how good they look with a drink in my hand! Ok well yes, everything looks better when there's a drink in your hand...My husband made these margaritas for us this weekend to celebrate the holiday and boy were they strong!  Here's the recipe if you dare:


2 oz tequila
2 oz triple sec
Key Lime juice to taste
Salt rim (if desired)

No comments:

Post a Comment